Frequently Asked Questions
What questions should I ask before committing to hiring any Professional Organizer?
You should ask the following questions:
- Are you a member of the *National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO)?
- How long have you been a NAPO member?
- How long have you been in business?
- Will I work directly with you or will you assign an employee and/or subcontractor?
- What kinds of organizing projects do you do?
- Do you work with (name some areas causing you stress or concern)?
- What are your background and training?
- Can you describe your organizing approach with clients?
- Do you organize with or without the client present?
- I have tried to get organized before. How will this be different?
- What supplies do you provide and what would I pay for?
- Do you shop for needed supplies?
- What is your consultation fee?
- How do you charge for organizing sessions - by the hour, by the day or by the project?
- If hourly, is there a minimum and how many hours is it?
- Do you charge for travel time?
- When is payment due for services?
- What kind of payment do you accept?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you provide references?
- Do you have a referral program?
*NAPO membership does not guarantee the quality of the Professional Organizer's work, but it does demonstrate a commitment to continuing education and an industry code of ethics. Membership in NAPO's Golden Circle indicates an elevated level of experience in the professional organizing industry.
If you're committed to making positive changes in your life, help (including a free consultation) is just a phone call - (212) 228-8375 - or an email away.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A MORE ORGANIZED TOMORROW.